- Establish a collaborative environment that provides a comprehensive and effective utilization of resources for the staff and students
- Develop an instructional focus that is interactive, multi-level and comprehensive
- Create a foundation network of individuals from multi-dimensional professions and cultures
- Develop an infrastructure that supports the recruitment, development and retention of competent staff
- Create a process/system that actively pursues grants and other public and private funding, grants and resources
- Establish ongoing checks and balances in order to increase operational efficiencies
- Enhance the awareness of the foundation by participating in various community and outreach events
- Develop an environment that supports the continuous improvement of programs and student interests
- Develop relationships with higher education institutions, seek out community venues such as YWCA, YMCA, Recreation and Community Centers and schools for locations to administer program activities
- Identify marginal students who demonstrate a genuine desire to improve and progress academically
- Improve student’s overall academic experience through instructional programs, social, cultural and educational initiatives
- Identify and implement best practices
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities
- Identify and address the individual instructional needs of each student participating in the program
- Identify, attract and retain staff
- Continuously evaluate and initiate program improvements where necessary
Our core values are essential components that will influence and build a strong foundation for all who are associated with the organization. We, at The Harvey Martin Dream Foundation are:
- D edicated to Excellence
Consistently exploring innovative means to engage and motivate the student to improve their scholastic capability and overall perspective on education and life skills; continually improve our ability to identify opportunities that will assist with the development of knowledge, skills, and character.
- R espectful
Cultivate and demonstrate a genuine respect and interest for the well-being of each student regardless of circumstances, beliefs and/or national origin.
- E ncouraging
Realize the full potential of all participants; rewarding accomplishment, and sharing our expertise and insights with others.
- A ccountable
Operating with integrity that is beyond reproach; maintaining quality by utilizing best practices with an ongoing evaluation process, following through, being consistent and fair.
- M ulticultural
Embrace and encourage multicultural tolerance and respect